The perks to self-catering are often overlooked by guests seeking what they perceive to be the security of an instant book hotel, the convenience an all-inclusive holiday; or a hostel that they think is more budget-friendly.
These notions preclude guests from getting better value. By delving a little deeper into the world of self-catering owners and endeavouring to #BookDirect, wonderful self-catering options are waiting to be discovered.
So, why make your next Donegal break a self-catering one?
1. Super-easy booking process & contactless check-in
- Securing your stay at Atlantic Way Lodge is quick. You can do it on your phone. Your dates are instantly booked, and you’ll receive an automatic email confirmation.
- No long queues at a check-in desk when you should be relaxing.
- No payments on arrival.
- You arrive, get inside, relax.
2. Relaxed coastal living for your Donegal coastal break
- A self-contained and beautifully designed letting – your home from home.
- Your own front door.
- Everything that’s in a hotel room, but SO much more.
3. Eat what you like, when you like
- A new kitchen makes midnight stacks and breakfast in pyjamas a breeze.
- Very helpful if you have varying dietary restrictions.
- Or think of the picky eater of the family who has barely moved onto solids (a.k.a., me).
- It’s just a one-minute drive to the village if you need anything extra.
4. More freedom and fewer people
- You can come and go as you please, without making small talk in elevators, hallways, or reception.
- There aren’t any wedding functions or events that you have to sleep your way through.
- You don’t feel as though you should dress up.
5. Carefully maintained by the owners
- The vast majority of self-catering properties are run by owners (like we are), with a love of the area, and who take pride in welcoming guests to their fresh, super clean and comfortable accommodation.
6. Avoid detours: Communicate with your real-life host
- Direct contact with the hosts, and great support from the same person(s), while planning your trip, during your stay, and after.
- Your hosts have a foot in the game and want you to have a happy holiday, not just in their property, but to really experience all that the locality has to offer.
7. Learn about the area from locals
- We will be your free destination guide – you’ll have an eGuidebook and interactive map to assist you but we will ALWAYS go above and beyond to make your experience as great as possible.
- If you want to know a little more about the area, its history or its present, we’re delighted to share our local knowledge.
8. Space makes it more cost-effective
- Considering all that you get by self-catering, it works out much better value to have your own space rather than a standard hotel room, where you are pretty restricted.
- You’ll have über comfortable beds, fresh linens, and a stylish space.
- Space is the real winner if the deal hasn’t already been sealed.
9. It’s more authentic
- Instead of an all-inclusive beach or a remote forest resort, you can get out and live like a local, explore your destination, discover its hidden gems and, all in all, really soak up the Gaeltacht culture and the heritage of your destination.
- You can still book tours and go to museums, but you can discover Ireland’s beauty independently, and at your own pace.
10. Book Online with confidence & have instant confirmation
- Contrary to popular belief, the best rate and terms are found by booking directly with owners – i.e., on their websites, via email, or via phone.
- It’s also possible to ‘instant book’ a self-catering property.
- Just look for the .ie extension when booking direct as it is Ireland’s official website domain, meaning we have provided our official business information and you can trust us.
I know I had you intrigued about a self-catering holiday in Donegal after the first sentence, but now that you’re convinced, you might like to book Atlantic Way Lodge. The best rates and terms are right here on the website.
How to book:
- You can insert your preferred date, and look at the availability calendar for each listing. Our booking software has some set arrival/departure days during the summer.
- If your preferred dates don’t seem to be available, please get in touch, and we’ll do our utmost to accommodate you!
- We accept secure online card payments (processed via Stripe).
- Your dates are immediately secured, and you’ll receive an automatic email.